Live Hand Grenade Throw!

Today woke up bright and early being tekan-ed… for I don’t know what reason.. but any way… that tekan demoralized the whole platoon…so I shall not mention it again… this morning was hectic.. after tekaning.. then went for breakfast.. then came back from breakfast at 6.20am then draw arms.. have to fall in at 6.25am we were like huh! 5 minutes to draw arms, go upstairs to 5th floor, take your SBO down, consolidate section’s valuables and fall in… anyway we got tekaned again.. after taking like 15 minutes to do everything…
Then marched off to MT line where we took a tonner to the hand grenade range… there after splitting into details of throw (4 per detail) - I am in detail 35… so there are like 140 people having to throw before of me before I get my chance… and it must be multiplied by 2 because we are throwing 2. One is SPG 95 (standard practice grenade) SFG 87 (standard fragmentation grenade) the SPG will only explode with a flash but SFG will explode with a loud loud bang.. so I managed to get my throw of SPG at around 12 noon and my SFG at 2pm. (we are at the range since 7.30am) so anyway there is someone in front of me in my platoon in section that threw the grenade like 2 meters from the throwing bay.. –we are suppose to throw 35 meters away. he was the star of the day as 2nd LT Ashley was telling every one the hole made by the “bobo” thrower and call us to throw far far away…
For live grenade throw here are some facts:
2 grenades were thrown per person.
4 grenades were blinds (one more blind and the whole grenade throw will be cancelled) blinds are grenades that do not explode after 120 seconds.
Total of 50 details
Total of 400 grenades thrown
Nearest throw was 2 meters from the throwing bay (by our platoon)
ZERO casualties –whew
4 grenades were blinds (one more blind and the whole grenade throw will be cancelled) blinds are grenades that do not explode after 120 seconds.
Total of 50 details
Total of 400 grenades thrown
Nearest throw was 2 meters from the throwing bay (by our platoon)
ZERO casualties –whew
Haha for me there was a little problem happened for both of the throw.. for SPG.. after I twisted the safety ring, I am suppose to hand it to sergeant ameer who was the bay incharge but I dropped the pin to the ground outside the throwing bay.. –kan chiong I guess.. but it is really very very difficult to twist the ring our.. the steps were:
Safety ring twist
Safety ring pull
Then safety pin out..
Safety ring pull
Then safety pin out..
For my it was.:
Safety ring twist, pull, out…
-3 steps into 1…
then for SFG 87… every thing went well until safety ring twist again.. this is really really difficult to twist.. so I was like safety ring twist..(the ring refuse to come out) safety ring twist(the ring refuse to come out) safety ring twist…then it finally came out… whew…..
but overall it was a GREAT experience!!
Picture of the day..from Sit test.. 2nd LT ashley took a picture of me when I was doing planning for a mission
Countdown ticker Stands at:
618 Days to Admission
13 days to GP



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home